No announcement yet.

'64 Champ - dim headlights on one side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: '64 Champ - dim headlights on one side?

Bought two new sealed beam headlights for my '64 Studebaker Champ P/U. Passenger side bright and clear. Driver side pale and dim. Switched them. Same problem, so it's not the light units. Any ideas out there?

Looks like you left some information out of your thread title that might attract folks with an answer to your problem.
    And you might want to put it in the Technical Forum rather than general discussion.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Bad ground on the dim side. Run a bare wire from the headlamp pod to one of the screws holding it to the fender.

Comment

The Ground wire from the Seal Beam Plug to the Headlight Bucket is frayed, broken or disconnected, or Bucket to Fender has poor or no ground continuity.

A good descriptive TITLE is a must, for help and search history, a Joke does not help.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree. When I rewired my pickup one of the lights was dim even though I thought I had good grounds. I ran a dedicated wire to each bucket and the lights are fine.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The solution might be as simple as running a self-tapping screw through the headlight bucket to the fender, producing a clean fresh ground.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Yep. Should have checked the thread title. Sure wasn't what I thought I typed. Anyway, most responses were correct--bad ground on driver side bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Working...
              X