Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unclemiltie
    replied
    If you tighten that nut do it with some care. They tended to rust up. Lube it good with something that dissolves the rust. If you break it you will have to replace it

Leave a comment:

• gjamesk
    replied
    You'll have to remove the inner window moulding that the wind wing and rubber are attached to. Not difficult. On my 52 there is a hole to get an oil can spout in to lubricate the pivot, but that's it. There's a pic in the Body section of the shop manual.

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02381.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1728864I don't know about your model, but my 54 has a recess panel at that location that could be cut out??

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    It's been a while since I had the trim panel off my door but, isn't there a hole in the door shell to access that adjusting nut so the vent needn't be removed to tighten it?

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied

Name:	DSC02377.jpg
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1728861As said above tighten this spring or pick it up from the bottom of the door.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Either that, or the shaft is broken and the spring is in the bottom of the door.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Remove the vent window assembly from the door. There’s a spring on the bottom of the lower pivot with a nut that’s adjusted to hold the spring tension. It probably needs to be tightened up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Stody
    started a topic Body / Glass: Vent Windows too loose, '50 Champion

Vent Windows too loose, '50 Champion

I have a '50 Champion Starlight. The vent windows are so loose and swing so easy that they will not stay in the full open position. As a result, personal comfort is negatively affected on a hot day. The hinges appear to be held together with rivets. Has anyone successfully remedied this problem before?

Name:	2019-07-14 17.03.39 copy.jpg
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1760827
Working...
X