Super Secret Frame Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Super Secret Frame Serial Number

I have a 53 C-body on a rolling chassis that I bought for the body shell only. It is a west Texas car that sat in a barn for the last 20+ years. All the cowl and door jamb tags are missing so I suspect the title and tags were moved on to another car long ago. I do not need the title I just want to order a build sheet from the Studebaker Museum. I like to know the history of every Studebaker that passes through my doors. As I understand the serial number is on the rear crossmember. Is that correct and if so specifically where?

JK

Here is mine, on my 52. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....=1#post1162137
    3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Same place on my '53 Commander and '56 Golden Hawk.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

With a little sandpaper I found it. I will send to the museum and find out it's history. Thanks for the help.

JK

Comment

Please let us know what you find. I am curious and others are too.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I wish they had done this to trucks......

Comment

Did they ever do the hidden number on Avanti frames? I bought 63R1182 ( burned to the ground ! ), it doeshave the frame tag in-place and readable. Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089 & 63R1182 (running gear 'hulk' only)

Comment

Working...
              X