• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chet445
    replied
    3 speed automatic transmission shift '58 and later

Originally posted by chet445 View Post
    The transmission starts off in second gear but I do not feel it shift for higher speeds. My understanding is there is a coordination between the throttle control rod at the carb and the transmission pressure rod at the transmission thus facilitating a shift to the higher gear. Can someone shed light as to how to adjust these two? I've read the book but...Chet
    Mrs K Corbin... Check PM. Chet

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    When you are out on the road, can you floor the accelerator and feel it downshift? My 60 sometimes feels like it did not shift to third, but downshifts when I floor it.

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Plug a pressure gauge into the trans and start shortening the TV rod between trans and bell crank. i used taxi spec for a later , firmer shift. check manual for plug location for gauge. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I think I've got a similar issue..... Maybe we can con someone into a Youtube Video.....

Leave a comment:

• 3 Speed Automatic Transmission Shift '58 and Later

The transmission starts off in second gear but I do not feel it shift for higher speeds. My understanding is there is a coordination between the throttle control rod at the carb and the transmission pressure rod at the transmission thus facilitating a shift to the higher gear. Can someone shed light as to how to adjust these two? I've read the book but...Chet
Working...
X