1964 Studebaker Commander Water Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1964 Studebaker Commander Water Pump

Hello, I am new to all of this. My aunt just brought me my grandfather's 1964 Studebaker Commander and I am having a hard time locating a water pump. I don't know if it is important but it did come equipped with factory air conditioning. Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding one? Thank you.

Any Stude vendor will have it. NAPA should be able to order one. Or you can get yours rebuild locally?

Comment

Spacey,

Welcome to the Studebaker world.

Is it possible to post some pictures and a description of your Commander.

I am assuming this is a V8 car?

here is a list of vendors..

Comment

Congratulations of getting your grandfather's Commander - it is always fun to keep the same family behind the same steering wheel.

If you seek to have NAPA rebuild your pump - one bit of caution - they will add shipping both to-and-from the place it is being rebuilt. When the guy behind the counter told me this, I responded "then getting it from a Studebaker parts vendor might be the best thing to do?" He responded "you can spend you money however you want, but that is what I would do."

Good luck - lots of very knowledgeable people here so please ask all the questions you might have.
        Last edited by 62champ; 07-11-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_083645.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1728744Thank you and yes I would love to post some pictures. No it's 6 cylinders. Click image for larger version

Name:	5674.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1728743 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_083751.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1728745Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_083810.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1728746Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_083910.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1728747Click image for larger version

Name:	20190711_210447.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1728748 there is a lot of Desert Dust in it. After I fix the water pump and put new tires on it, I plan to fix the air conditioner. I think he was going to fix the water pump and removed the ac and got side track. I am super excited to learn about the Commander. My grandfather loved all of his Studebakers. Currently my other aunt has his convertible I think it might be a 62 Lark.
          Last edited by spacey369; 07-11-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Nice car for the right price, happy motoring with it.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Tracy, welcome to the Forum and to Studebakering! You've come to the right place for advice and answers as there are MANY experienced Stude people here who are more than happy to help you.
              May I also suggest, if you have not already done so, to consider joining the SDC. The monthly Turning Wheels magazine is worth the membership fee itself. There is also an active chapter or two in Georgia that would provide excellent networking opportunities. Welcome aboard!
              As for your "new" car, with the 170 cubic inch six cylinder and AC, you won't have to worry about any speeding tickets.
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Lol thank you very much, it is good to know I wont have to worry about any speeding tickets.
                Yes, last night I joined the SDC and look forward to getting the magazines. I also look forward to restoring it so I can proudly go to the local car shows and park next to my better half and his 69 GTO.
                I think when I was looking the Savannah Chapter is the closest one. I haven't checked the Florida locations since I am right on the border of GA and FL.

Comment

Originally posted by spacey369 View Post
                  Lol thank you very much, it is good to know I wont have to worry about any speeding tickets.
                  Yes, last night I joined the SDC and look forward to getting the magazines. I also look forward to restoring it so I can proudly go to the local car shows and park next to my better half and his 69 GTO.
                  I think when I was looking the Savannah Chapter is the closest one. I haven't checked the Florida locations since I am right on the border of GA and FL.
                  That means that you are not too far from one of the larger Studebaker parts vendors, Stephen Allens in Gainesville Florida area. There is also an SDC chapter in that area.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Tracy - Looks like you have a pretty well equipped 64 Commander. Not only does it have AC (very rare on a OHV6), but it also has a split bench with recliners. The overdrive is nice for highway travel. Best of luck - people will walk past that goat to have a look at a car they have not seen in decades.

And as Gary pointed out, SA will have just about everything you will need - and you can save on shipping!

Comment

That is very good to know. Thank you. I know when I go to middle Georiga I think on Highway 23, there is a place I look forward to stopping by that has several Studebakers parked out front. I will also have to plan a trip to go south to Gainesville, Fl.

Comment

Don't forget to check/repair any issues with brakes and fuel system, I'm sure you'll have many happy smiles per mile.
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I didnt realize the split bench w/ recliners was special, but I did think it was cool. My better half was impressed with the overdrive and the hill holder option that is on it.

Comment

Originally posted by spacey369 View Post
                            I didnt realize the split bench w/ recliners was special, but I did think it was cool. My better half was impressed with the overdrive and the hill holder option that is on it.
                            Two of Studebaker's most popular offerings, but the hill holder is pretty unique.
                            Mike Davis
                            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Noticed it also has a fan shroud - any chance it has the five bladed flex drive cooling fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X