Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thom
    replied
    I picked my starter up today and put it back on. It works like a champ, or should I say like a Commander. It only needed brushes and a good cleaning. My rebuilder says he believes it had not been apart before. The odometer shows 99,000 miles. That's a big ole starter, looks like something off a diesel.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Yeah, I thought about saying kill em all and let God sort it out. The defense attorneys would ruin their shorts.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Just wear a T-shirt with the word GUILTY emblazoned across it & you might not be on jury duty very long.

Regardless...I hope your starter issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    I took the starter off and dropped it off at the rebuilders today. I have jury duty this week so I don't know when I'll get to put it back on the car. If it ain't one thing it's another!

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    These Studebakers are stressful every time I work on mine my hart beat goes up and so does Wifey's.

Leave a comment:

• StudeNewby
    replied
    Originally posted by thom View Post
    Haart cath went well. No stints needed. I'll be working on the Studebaker soon.
    That's great, Thom! PTL!

Leave a comment:

• rowan
    replied
    Good news!

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Haart cath went well. No stints needed. I'll be working on the Studebaker soon.

Leave a comment:

• StudeNewby
    replied
    Thom, I am praying for a good result and quick recovery for you. As tim said, fix YOU first!

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    O,NO, Will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Starter can wait a few.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Looks like the starter rebuild might have to wait a couple more days. Doc says heart cath in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    I'm in favor of starter removal, inspection, brush replacement and yes, a dab of high temperature grease on the thrust bushing or even replace that bushing period.

And don't let this get your health in jeopardy!

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Fix you first Thom, praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    I suppose the starter will have to wait . I went to the ER with high pulse rate and chest pains last night and am now in the hospital. No taking the starter to the shop today. Hopefully I will get out later today and get it done tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    Sometimes a good cleaning, brush replacement, and bushing lubrication will make them like new again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X