X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve-o-Reno
    replied
    Originally posted by spokejr View Post
    I have a similar problem on my Avanti, I put a thin bead of Hylomar on the sealing face. The beauty of Hylomar is it never cures or hardens, you can open the reservoir and it will release and reseal.
    Thanks spokejr.....so, so apply it on the other side of the cover on the gasket. Is it Hylomar gasket sealant or what is the whole name? Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I had a similar problem with the master in my '64 Avanti, after I converted to a tandem master. It dripped on the voltage regulator. I had an oversized pressure relief port, which produced a small geyser, spraying against the underside of the lid gasket. I cut a baffle out of an old fluid bottle. About the same time, I converted to a mechanical brake light switch, removing the hydraulic switch, and plugging the hole. The problem went away. Maybe it was just a leaky switch.
    The round lid on the stock master, as I remember had a thick gasket that sealed off the fluid chamber, somewhat. The back side, under the lid, was vented, around the hold down bolt. The bolt's washer formed a chamber with a recess in the lid, that was open to the atmosphere. Without this vent pressure will build up, and force fluid out. Don't seal it off.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• spokejr
    replied
    I have a similar problem on my Avanti, I put a thin bead of Hylomar on the sealing face. The beauty of Hylomar is it never cures or hardens, you can open the reservoir and it will release and reseal.

Leave a comment:

• Steve-o-Reno
    replied
    Thanks xcalibur....that's the only thing left. I have tried different covers.

Leave a comment:

• Xcalibur
    replied
    After posting here previously I recall that I once got a new m/c with a bad casting and it had a small, very small, flaw at the top edge where the lid and gasket fit. It was easy to miss and I installed the thing before I found it. Perhaps you have much the same. All the best.
    Last edited by Xcalibur; 07-11-2019, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    It must be the cover gasket. Is it over-filled?

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Silicone fluid?

Leave a comment:

• Steve-o-Reno
    started a topic Brakes: M/C on a 64 avanti seepage or weeping

M/C on a 64 avanti seepage or weeping

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0504.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1760790

Has anyone had this problem with there M/C. I have replaced covers, gaskets & M/C to no avail. Sorry for the photo I can't seem to rotate it.
    Click on photo for a larger view.
    Last edited by Steve-o-Reno; 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM.
Working...
X