No announcement yet.

62 Lark ORIGINAL GAS LINE ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 62 Lark ORIGINAL GAS LINE ????

On what side of the car was the original gas line from the tank up to the fuel pump? Passenger side OR Drivers side ? Thanks

On the passenger side, at least it was on our '63 Lark and it was original. It crosses over to the drivers side at the front cross member to connect to the fuel pump. Why they did that is beyond me as other models were on drivers side.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

On the "other" side of 62...both my 59 and 60 Larks are/were also on the right (passenger) side of the car.

Mike

Comment

On "R" series cars, the supply line is on the passenger side, while the return line is on the drivers side.
        Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
        \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

On 1958 and older Studebakers the Fuel Tank OUTLET is on the Drivers side, so is the Fuel Line.

However, on '59-'66's The Fuel Tank Outlet is on the Passenger side, so naturally the Line is also.

When it is on the Left, the Line has to cross over to the Right up front for the 6 Cyl. Cars.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Odd, the fuel line on my '62 Hawk , '61 Lark, '56 Hawk, '53 coupe and '53 sedan were/are all on the drivers side.

Comment

Drivers side on a 60 Hawk with a V8, also.
              Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
              X