No announcement yet.

C/K models - Clutch pedal pullback spring location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: C/K models - Clutch pedal pullback spring location

I am sooooo confused! I have a '53 Commander Starliner, a '56 Golden Hawk and a '62 GT Hawk, all with manual transmissions ('53 Commander and '56 Golden Hawk 3 speed w/overdrive, '62 GT Hawk with a 4 speed). The clutch pedal pullback spring is in the upper hole on the clutch pedal 'arm' on the '53 and the lower hole on the '56 and the '62. What is correct (and is it different for each of the cars)? I have looked at the chassis parts catalog (pictures do not show which hole to use) and the shop manual (which says "re-install the spring"). I hope someone can help. Thanks Howard
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Do any of these "K" Body cars have Power Brakes?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Nope, Rich they do not..
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Rich?? Now what?

Comment

Sometimes you can find good photos in other parts of the shop manuals. A look in Clutch section and Lubrication section will show photos of the springs all in the upper hole. It does look like the same photo recycled several times though!
          Another thing about wearing a mask......I don't have to shave before I leave the house!

Comment

Thanks Dwain.

Comment

Working...
            X