Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

No courtesy Lights ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: No courtesy Lights ??

I have a 62 Lark Daytona and WHERE IS THE DOME-COURTESY LIGHT SWITCH that I see in the shop manuel ? The convertible has ONLY THE SIDE COURTESY LIGHTS ?? Other cars have the courtesy switch part of the headlight switch and when turning it counter clockwise that grounds the circuit and puts on the dome-courtesy lights. HELP as I have no clue ?????

You should at least have the under dash "Courtesy Lights" coming on with the Grounding switches on the Door Posts.

UNLESS, you have Blown the Stop Light Fuse!

When they are switched by a Three-way Instrument Light Dim/Dome Lt. Sw. on the Hd. Lt. switch, they are NOT grounding switches, they are HOT switching!

A check of the '59-'64 Chassis Parts Catalog would tell you if the '62's and or Convertibles have the THREE Way Hd. Lt. Sw. you may be missing the correct Sw.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Stude Rich, THANK YOU. IT WAS THE GROUND WIRE CAME OFF THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH. YEA !!!

Comment

Glad you fixed it, but as I said in post #2: it is NOT a Ground Wire if it is on the Hd. Lt. Sw. it is Power!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
        X