restoring my air cleaner on my '52 Commander 224 V-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: restoring my air cleaner on my '52 Commander 224 V-8

Somebody please show me a pic, or three, of a correctly restored , or survivor original '52 224 V-8 with the air cleaner. I am ready to restore mine and I want to know where the decal goes. My a/c has a dent right in the front that I have to deal with then it will be ready for paint. I have the "climatizer" decal on my heater blower motor and the anti-freeze tag on the radiator filler neck already. Thanks a bunch.
    Happy motorin' to you and yourn.
    thom

A ‘52 should have a 232”. Oil Bath or Dry Type air filter?

Comment

Mine has the oil bath.
      thom

Comment

Here's my '52. I know it's original.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190611_163952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1728361
        3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Thanks, I look forward to getting mine painted and the decal on it. I will post a pic then.
          thom

Comment

Studebaker International sell the 52s green engine paint in spray cans, it isn't cheap once the shipping charges are applied.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1952-studebaker-engine bay.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1728365

Comment

My engine is painted, just the air cleaner is left to do. I might get scolded, again, for the engine being the wrong shade of green, but it's painted. I plan to remove the carb to adjust the float level and the carb will get some detailing while I have it off. Also, my ground from the engine block to the battery is currently a black cable, which I will replace with a braided strap. I think I will paint the Delco alternator semi-gloss black to make it stand out a little less too. I might even wipe the lettering off of the new plug wires to hide their "newness".
              thom

Comment

Working...
              X