Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

engine color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 stude
    replied
    Thanks for the info. The 2 dr I bought has been sitting since
    1969. I bought it from original owners grandson and was
    told car was completley original. I have both engines out
    and am doing a rebuild.

Thanks, Rick.

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    I like this forum. It encourages me to see there are some guys like you guys who have been "bitten by the Stude bug" far worse than I have.

Hey, 58Stude, are those red engines still the Champion flathead sixes that came in those cars? Not that I want to repaint any parts, but I'm curious to see some photos.

Here's mine:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    No '59 ragtops,N8. But this a project I'd dreamed about over the years - a 57 or 58 ragtop built from a 2-dr and a 60 ragtop.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Matthew, I think you would need a 59-60 ragtop (did they make them in '59?) because the 61-62 cowl is different enough things wouldn't line up quite right, and you wouldn't be able to bolt the hood on. also you'd have to weld the x-member into the '56 frame, and also weld the '56 inner fenders and trunk into the ragtop body shell.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Dave, I guess you saw that nice original one on eBay a few months back. [?] That was one SWEET little car!
    We have a '56 Two door Champ, ya know. Not NEARLY as cool as a '58. Actually, I like the '56 styling better. One of the dream cars on the list is a '56 Prez convertible.

('56 Prez two door + '60-62 ragtop = [8D]
    BTW, Stephen Cade has both in his boneyard. [:0])

He thinks I'm crazy for an idea like that, but he later stated that it wouldn't look too bad.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    You've got a WHAT??? Tell me more about that 2 door!!! As the plate on my '57 Commander 2 door used to say- '1 OF A FEW'...
    I only can think of about two of those '58 2 door Champions I'm aware of!!!

It's block ought to be 'silver-grey', with silver-grey or black fans and oil pans...
    as per the Turning Wheels article in August 1991. I wonder what motors are in those cars now?

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• 58 stude
    started a topic engine color

engine color

What color is engine supposed to be in 58 champion? I bought a 2 dr, and a 4 dr, and both have red engines.I thought they are supposed to be silver? Thanks for any help.Rick.
Working...
X