Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    What size are the new tires?
    I decided to put 235/75-R15 on it. Comparing theoretical sizes, the 225 gives a 2mph less actual speed than the 7.60-15, and the 235 gives a 2mph greater actual speed. Since this car has the automatic, but no overdrive, I decided on the bigger tire. The two rears that were on it, and rotten, were 235s.

Comment

I would poder coat those rims and that should fix the pitting nicely.
      I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
      sigpic
      I'll Tattoo you anytime!
      And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
      Crazy Lady Ink
      Shakopee Mn.
      952-445-3281
      27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

yeah, your money is better spent on the restoration, as in 5 years time any new tire will be pretty much history. I generally get about 8 years out of mine, then have to toss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trikebldr View Post
          I decided to put 235/75-R15 on it. Comparing theoretical sizes, the 225 gives a 2mph less actual speed than the 7.60-15, and the 235 gives a 2mph greater actual speed. Since this car has the automatic, but no overdrive, I decided on the bigger tire. The two rears that were on it, and rotten, were 235s.
          Good choice, and I wish I had gone with the 235 instead of the 225.

A windshield installer told me years ago that silicone against steel promotes rust, and if you notice all the rust around windshields where someone thought it was a good idea to seal the old windshield rubber with silicone, you will see what he said is true. Better to use the correct urethane to seal the glass.

Comment

Working...
          X