First gear start valve body for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: First gear start valve body for sale

I have an NOS first gear start valve body that I bought several years ago and never used, which I am putting up for sale. I do not remember who sold it to me, or what I paid for it. Would like some guidance if you would with the purpose of finding it a new home. I have pictures in my phone that I could send if that helps. Thank you in advance.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Bob, is there ANY chance you have the Bag or Box for a Studebaker Part Number?
    There are Early, Late, 6 Cyl. and V8 Truck Type.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I learned the hard way that a first gear start valve body from a 59 will not work in a 63 transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
        I learned the hard way that a first gear start valve body from a 59 will not work in a 63 transmission.

I wonder specifically just what vehicles these items will fit assuming that the unit(s) were purchased from SASCO back in 2005??? These were the re-worked ones that were sold by Dennis Lambert...

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Hi Bob, is there ANY chance you have the Bag or Box for a Studebaker Part Number?
          There are Early, Late, 6 Cyl. and V8 Truck Type.
          No, Rich, it didn’t come with any paper or wrapping, just padded up in a priority mail box, which also is long gone. I do know that all of my Studebaker automatics have been V8, 62 through 64, so I’m sure I would have taken that into consideration at the time.

Thanks you guys for your comments. I don’t want to stick anybody. It’s on me for not keeping better track of it. Might be better to just toss it. We will see.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

How do you identify those 1st gear start valve bodies? I have a truck tranny that might have one.

Comment

Bob, I don't need it as I don't even own an automatic at this time, but if I did, I would want the first gear start. If you figure out a price for it, lemme know!
              Mike Davis
              Regional Manager, North Carolina
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                How do you identify those 1st gear start valve bodies? I have a truck tranny that might have one.
                It DOES!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

What transmission was this designed to fit? DG200, DG250?
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                    i’m sorry, I just plain do not know, and I don’t know how to tell, hence this post. I am assuming that I bought it for a V-8 lark, so whatever that is, is my best guess.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                      I believe that it is for a much later transmission and DG250Ms originally came with first gear start.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X