Stud and Roller Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Stud and Roller Kit

Anybody have fitment information, or reference for Stud and Roller Kit #1563460? I've found it in Book F, but nothing in parts catalogs? Perhaps, it is a field replacement kit found in a service bulletin I've not run across, yet???
    Bo

What is this ?
    What is it that you are looking for ?
    More info might me helpful.

Mike

Comment

Stud and Roller Kit for a steering box? I’d have to dig out my notes but I recall there was a substitute part number for this kit for SL steering boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
        What is this ?
        What is it that you are looking for ?
        More info might me helpful.

Mike
        Fitment information for Stud and Roller Kit #1563460, (ie., what steering gear box does it fit)?
        Bo

Comment

No, for us dummy's that don't know you are talking about a steering box..!
          Some of don't know all there is to know about every part number, but...may have your part(s).

Mike

Comment

Bo already has all the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
              No, for us dummy's that don't know you are talking about a steering box..!
              Some of don't know all there is to know about every part number, but...may have your part(s).

Mike
              Ok, let me start over.

I have this stud and roller kit #1563460. I have looked in the parts books and Ross cross reference literature that I have. I found the part number in Studebaker Parts/Price book F dated 1966, so I know it is a good Studebaker number. I can not find the number in any of the parts books through 1966, or the Ross cross reference literature that I have, so I don't know what it fits?

I've also started looking for information in Studebaker Service Bulletins, but have found no information contained therein, yet.

So, can anyone help me with identifing what sector shaft/steering gear box the kit fits???

Mike, if you have one of these and know what it fits, please let me know.

Thanks,
              Bo

Comment

Bo,

I used that Stud & Roller Kit in the rebuild of my 8E 1/2 ton pickup steering box. The Studebaker Parts and Accessories Book dated October 01, 1968 lists 1563460 as a supersession for the original 8E 1/2 ton part 1559766. The 155xxxx series makes me think that this same part is used in a Studebaker passenger car also (maybe Avanti?).

Here is a picture that shows the parts in the 1563460 kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - New Steering Box Parts.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1728310
                Last edited by r1lark; 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                  Bo,

I used that Stud & Roller Kit in the rebuild of my 8E 1/2 ton pickup steering box. The Studebaker Parts and Accessories Book dated October 01, 1968 lists 1563460 as a supersession for the original 8E 1/2 ton part 1559766. The 155xxxx series makes me think that this same part is used in a Studebaker passenger car also (maybe Avanti?).

Here is a picture that shows the parts in the 1563460 kit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81602[/ATTACH]
                  Bingo! Thank you so very much, Paul. I was thinking along the same lines, but really needed the verification you've provided. Now, if only I had a couple of those 8E sector shaft that Ed scraped, then I could rebuild the gear box in my 64 Champ.

Thanks,
                  Bo

Comment

Working...
                  X