3mm MDF board from Bunnings does the trick. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• harperwayne
    replied
    Thanks all I am now happy with my direction

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Ernie Loga supplies these pre-cut from the original material.
    You can also purchase sheets of the original material and cut it from your template.
    Both of these would be correct for originality.

If originality isn't an issue I think Ross's suggestion is excellent.
    In any event, it's a good idea to cover the interior side with an additional layer of sound deadening insulation.

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    I have fallen in love with using corrugated plastic signboard--looks just like corrugated cardboard except it is made of white plastic. They sell it at the Home Despot etc. in 4x8 sheets and smaller. Completely waterproof, cheap, not in the least brittle, and easy to cut. Paint it or glue whatever you like to it. I made new door cards for my 53 out of it in a snap and the clips hold really well. Never going back.

Leave a comment:

• JayBird
    replied
    Sound deadner Kits https://www.quietride.com/web/viewer...er_catalog.pdf (also postsed on your other thread)

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Welcome to my world Wayne. you have a good start with the old dust board. i used heavy card stock from an upholstery supplier. I insulated mine with jute padding then wrapped it in black "Cargo matting" to match the rear area, it's a 53 coupe with no back seat. the whole rear seat area is covered in black, Grandpa's 2 seater is my pet project at the moment. good luck on your project and you are going at it in a sensible way IMHO, Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• harperwayne
    started a topic Interior: Trunk Liner / Divider

Trunk Liner / Divider

So having read and listened to lot's of advice I have decided to tackle this resto one small project at a time. So starting with the Trunk / Boot.

There is a lot of work to be done there see the log or Resto post for information. But the reason for this post.

What have you all done for the piece of card / masonite between the trunk and back seat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk Liner.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1760591

Ours is pretty much a jigsaw but we have pieced it back together for a template. Do you paint it black add sound deadner etc.

Just after some thought's and ideas.
    Attached Files
Working...
X