Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find stop light switch 57 President,. What's it look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Can't find stop light switch 57 President,. What's it look like?

Title says it all. Jason told me it was located deep near engine side firewall on the left, below hydrovac booster. Should be the same for all sedans 55-58, and maybe earlier, but not coupes. Is it available from S.I.?
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Look a little further forward on the drivers side just below the inner fender skirt. The switch is screwed into a brass block which is bolted to the frame rail. There should be 2 wires heading down & plugged into the top of the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
      Is it available from S.I.?
      It's a pretty standard pressure switch used on all makes and models for years. Available at SI, as well as any local auto parts store.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Pic from manual
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is one from speedway that is reasonable. They have a few different variations of connectors also. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...-NPT,1971.html

Comment

Your local NAPA or Carquest store should have a replacement switch in stock. The NAPA number is SL134 and the Standard Motor Parts number is SLS27. Be sure you have the special socket needed to do the switch replacement or a relatively easy job could become rather hard. Bud

Comment

Tried to edit my reply. Not possible using smartphone. Nor could I post a photo of the little switch.
              sigpic
              Jack, in Montana

Comment

However, my reply, "Found it" was deleted.
                sigpic
                Jack, in Montana

Comment

Also lost in the edit was: "Thanks, guys!"
                  sigpic
                  Jack, in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                    It's a pretty standard pressure switch used on all makes and models for years. Available at SI, as well as any local auto parts store.
                    C1AZ-13480-A (replaced 0A-13480) .. Stop Lamp Switch (Motorcraft SW-24) / Available from Ford & auto parts stores.

1940/66 myriad FoMoCo vehicles.

Here's a pic of the little darlin' (13480) from the 1949/59 Ford Passenger Car Parts Catalog:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by WinM1895; 05-30-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Last I looked, correct me if I'm wrong...Studebaker wasn't made by Ford. (except for that pesky 289)!!!! Last time I needed a Ford part for a 93 Cobra, it took them 2 weeks to get a speedometer gear.
                      I can get a similar part from my Stude vendors on a couple of days.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                        Last I looked, correct me if I'm wrong...Studebaker wasn't made by Ford. (except for that pesky 289)!!!! Last time I needed a Ford part for a 93 Cobra, it took them 2 weeks to get a speedometer gear.
                        I can get a similar part from my Stude vendors on a couple of days.
                        Some people may be interested in the fact that this Ford switch is the same as Studebaker, that's why I listed the part number, posted a pic of it.

If it took two weeks for you to get a speedo gear, it was either on back order, or you ordered it from a source in Madagascar!

Packard 352 wasn't made by Ford either.

Comment

Working...
                        X