Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Stewart Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo/Tach/Gauges: Stewart Warner

Anyone have history with new Stewart Warner guages. I have a quote to reman my existing 7 instruments but it's north of two THOUSAND dollars. If this car deserved a 100 point restoration well maybe then.... looks like the SWs would be a good replacement if they're worth bringing home. I'm hoping someone has first hand experience with the currently available Deluxe line. Thanks, John Taylor

Stewart Warner was another old South Bend company who made Studebaker instruments forever.

As to the currently available, most are made in Mexico, but they fit, they work and at a glance look close to original to those who aren't on this forum.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I don’t know what you’re working on but I have a SW tach I bought for my 63 Hawk that I never used.

Comment

I'm sorry that I forget to mention that I have a 62 GT. I'm tryingrying to develop a plan for the refurbishment. Thanks for reminding me. JT

Comment

I guess that I did not realize NOS gauges for a GT were that hard to find. Two thousand to rebuild them? I knew the high rev tach was hard to find, but not the rest.

Comment

I really can't see $2k for Hawk gages. They are a little hard to find but not THAT hard! Bought a SW gas gage but never used it. Put a gage in from older Hawk and painted ss rim black, Hard to tell difference.

Comment

I totally rebuild them for far less. (see Joe Bacon on my work on gauges)
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X