Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bensherb
    replied
    Evidently this is a very common issue for the K models. My '62 is the same way, 1/4 glass needs to tip it's top about 3/8" forward to meet the door window correctly. I was able to easily add a 3/16" thick bit of neoprene to the upper door window stop at the top of the wing window so it no longer goes higher than the wing window.

Leave a comment:

• DFarris
    replied
    my 1959 Lark, the passenger door window needs to be aligned towards the interior of the car. Anyone have instructions on how to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    These windows can be adjusted but it does require removing arm rests rear seat bottom and the trim panel to get to bolts. Just follow instructions in the shop manual.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    I have the same issue on my 64 Hawk. How is the door to rear fender gap?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Keller
    replied
    Same problem - Making the adjustment slots (for the rear quarter window) longer allowed the extra adjustment needed to close completely,

Paultk

Leave a comment:

• 64gran turismo
    replied
    Originally posted by jostanton1 View Post
    My 64 Hawk has the same problem. I did the shop manual procedure, however there is not enough adjustment leeway to get enough inward tilt. I am at my wit's end trying to get these things to line up and seal!
    That worked out perfect.Now if I get my rear quarter window to 90 degree instead of 87 degree it will line up perfect
    thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• jostanton1
    replied
    My 64 Hawk has the same problem. I did the shop manual procedure, however there is not enough adjustment leeway to get enough inward tilt. I am at my wit's end trying to get these things to line up and seal!

Leave a comment:

• 64gran turismo
    replied
    Originally posted by 56GH View Post
    See Shop Manual page 52, Body K Models. Figure 93. 4. Ventilator rear bracket-to-run bolts. Loosen and tilt the ventilator run to tilt the run either way. Also see last paragraph on page 53. I had the same issue on my 1962 GT.
    Thank you,56H.Now I can take the panel off and know what I have to do to fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• 56GH
    replied
    See Shop Manual page 52, Body K Models. Figure 93. 4. Ventilator rear bracket-to-run bolts. Loosen and tilt the ventilator run to tilt the run either way. Also see last paragraph on page 53. I had the same issue on my 1962 GT.

Leave a comment:

• 64gran turismo
    started a topic Body / Glass: Window Alignment

Window Alignment

On my 64 hawk the drivers side window does not align to rear quarter window.Seems like the window has
    to be tilted in about 3/8 of inch at the top to align to the rear quarter window. that would close the gap
    now instead of having it open to rain and dirt.Are there any adjustments I can make on the window to
    tilt in and close the gap?
    Jerry
Working...
X