Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acorn Nuts... Are they different for early V8 vs. late V8 valve covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Acorn Nuts... Are they different for early V8 vs. late V8 valve covers?

Seems that I recall that the early cover acorn nuts are quite tall but I have no idea on the later two nut covers?

As an aside, it's been about thirty years since I owned an Avanti I don't remember if they are the old tall beefy type or???

My issue is this, fifteen or twenty years ago I ordered two sets of eight chromed acorn nuts for both, the Power Hawk and '55 Prez sedan and two have gone missing. Can anyone shed a little light on this?

TIA

I believe you are correct that the acorn nuts used on older applications are different from the later uses. I don't know the exact dimensions of each, but I've had points deducted because the acorn nuts were not correct for the car being judged. Next time we will make sure to have the proper nuts for the year vehicle. Hope this helped in some way, Bill.

Comment

I do not think they were different A short acorn nut does not have much thread in it and would be pretty worthless for that app. R cars had chrome ones, of course . I can buy them at the local farm store - you could probably do that too.

Comment

Working...
      X