No announcement yet.

Drag link questions

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steering: Drag link questions

    I have an early production 1948 2R5 that was born with a type “A” reach rod. It has had a type “C” installed at some point. I purchased the truck from a widow so I cannot ask what parts were used.
    My question is, are the rod ends the same as the outer tie rod ends? The factory parts manual doesn’t break them out of the service replacement bundle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    If I'm reading the parts book right the type "C" reach rod ends are part no. 513306 (superseded by part no. 520111).

    The tie rod ends are part no. 666193 (rt) and 666194 (lt), so they were not the same.
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)