Newby - 52 Champion Self-Adjusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Newby - 52 Champion Self-Adjusters

Hello forum, I'm a newby. I have Grandpa's 52 Champion about 80% street worthy after being parked for 30 or so years after I used to drive it when I was in high school. I've been using the site as a resource the past year or so, and today I turned in my app for the SDG and registered to post here. Look forward to everyone's help, you have already been a big help to me.

I posted the same message on the new member thread, but wanted to use this thread for my first tech question: Does anyone know where I could purchase self-adjusting brake tips? SI doesn't sell them anymore in the kits. Perhaps I may have to have a few made by a machinist. I do have three good ones, and one that is broken. Thanks

John D. Lakewood, Colorado

Welcome to the Forum. I have a '52 as well but it is a Commander. I do have the complete front brake assemblies from it I saved with mostly new stuff available but it likely is different then the Champion brakes. I converted my Commander to Hawk front brakes so I do not need any of this stuff. As far as pointing you in the right direction to find the pieces you need, all I can tell is to start checking with different vendors.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Graham at kgworks has them listed. Part#521396.

https://www.kgworks.ca/studeparts/brakepage.htm
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Switched Ceci's 53 to 62 Lark brakes. Had all the parts on hand. Made car a whole lot safer. Stopped much,much better.

Comment

If you are repairing everything, changing to later self-energizing brakes may be a good choice. If you already have most of the parts to go back original that will work too. I have vehicles with both types. The main problem with a Champion is that the brakes are small. Frank's Commander brakes would be an option for larger brakes.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Please remember to make your posts as descriptive as possible. One-word titles are discouraged. I've edited your title for you.

Cheers!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks. He is getting me what I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X