Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my2R5
    replied
    Thanks. That seems easier and more doable. I have a spare trans I can practice pulling the seal.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dame
    replied
    Originally posted by doofus View Post
    Sheet metal screws threaded into the seal, then pry on the screws. plan b dig it out with a sharp tool like an awl. Luck Doofus
    I concur! Use some imagination and try to avoid a tear down for those seals.

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Sheet metal screws threaded into the seal, then pry on the screws. plan b dig it out with a sharp tool like an awl. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• my2R5
    replied
    Thanks Ron. Wow, you have to disassemble the trans to change an outer seal. Someone wasn't thinking. You would think an Italian designed it ("form over function", no offence to Italian car designers as their designs are world class).

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dame
    replied
    The only other option is to open the trans, disassemble it to get the lever out, then still have to pry the seal out. It is a challenge, but can be done. Be careful not to scratch the shaft. I also have had the roll pin holding the shaft in, leak. A dab of Permatex fixed that.

Leave a comment:

• my2R5
    started a topic Transmission / Overdrive: Oil Seal for T86E shift lever

Oil Seal for T86E shift lever

I am trying to address some small oil leaks on the transmission, including one coming from the shaft of the rear shift lever. Below is a picture of the shaft with the lever removed. There is suppose to be an oil seal right behind the lever. Is my arrow pointing to the seal and if so do I just jet some sort of hook to pull it out. It is very hard (looks like metal) and the replacement seal I have is a very stiff rubber (I cannot squish it with my fingers). Before I possibly break something or worse I wanted to ask if I am looking at the seal and if prying it out is the best method? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	transseal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1760516
Working...
X