Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Ermine White touch up paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Ermine White touch up paint?

Trying to touch up the paint on my Ermine White 63 Hawk. Is there a commercially available equivalent or close to it? I plan to repaint the car in a year or so after I get it up to snuff mechanically but would love to touch up some scratches in the mean time.

The Ford Wimbleton White, if it is still available by Duplicolor in the touch-up bottles will be just slightly whiter than Ermine or very close for small areas, should be good for a Temp. fix.

https://www.google.com/search?client...impleton+white
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hello Campbel,
      What type of paint is your Hawk painted in (is it original paint), Acrylic Lacquer or 2 pack?
      I have matched Ermine white to PPG - 8288, in 2 pack.

regards, Cus
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome. It is a second paint job done in the 80s or 90s and appears to be lacquer but for what I need the 2 pack would be great. Love to buy—how much and how do I order?

Comment

I'm in Australia, but PPG paint systems should be in the states, you might have to go to a vehicle spray shop to get some mixed up,
          might have to get a litre or quart, & get separate hardener, hope this helps.

*Just checked, PPG is definitely available in the US, just quote the number 8288, it's a very good match for Ermine white.
          sigpic

Comment

There is also www.autocolorlibrary.com they seem to have everything.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Why not just take a painted part (or the car) to the local auto paint supplier and let them use the color matching technology to mix a pint of paint. That will give you a close color and account for age and color change.

Bob

Comment

Good point, if it's not an original factory paint job the colour could & probably is slightly different
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X