Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Does the wiper switch on the Hawk need to be grounded like the Avanti due to the fiberglass dash? Both motor and the switch have separate grounds..

Leave a comment:

• jostanton1
    replied
    Thank-you everyone for the info. I will test the thing out and narrow down the problem Thanks Cstude for the Prestolite service manual. That's a big help. I don't see a new switch on any of the vendor sites, but will keep searching. I think that is going to be the culprit. Also since I painted the firewall, I may not be getting a good ground to the motor.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    The motor needs +12 volts to the red or the yellow, and -12 volts to its housing.

Leave a comment:

• cstude1
    replied
    The black/white wire is voltage in,blue wire is power to park switch, yellow and black are common inside switch (terminals are connected)
    fast speed is black/white and red slow speed is black/white and yellow and black See
    https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...wipermotor.pdf

Leave a comment:

• jostanton1
    replied
    I tested the motor out of the car on the bench. I put 12 volts across the red and yellow wires and it ran. (not sure which direction). But in the car it won't run. And I have power to the switch.

Leave a comment:

• jostanton1
    replied
    My switch is a little different. Click image for larger version

Name:	64 switch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1727924

Leave a comment:

• jostanton1
    replied
    No, the motor only runs on a bench test with voltage across the red and yellow wires.

Leave a comment:

• cstude1
    replied
    This may help with a replacement switch

Leave a comment:

• rbisacca
    replied
    You say the motor runs when power is applied to it so let's check the switch. You have 12 volts at the "in" side of the switch. Check to see if there is power at the "out" terminals.

Leave a comment:

• Need help confirming switch wiring for 64 Hawk wiper switch

My wipers quit on my 64 GT. If I put voltage across the red and yellow wires directly on the motor it turns. I have 12 volts on the circuit breaker post of the switch. but no power to the motor in any switch position. I cleaned the contacts inside the switch too. I'm baffeled! I don't know how the power is really supposed to get the motor to provide 2 speeds. Does anyone have a picture or a clear wiring diagram for the circuit and which switch posts each colored wire should be on? The wipers worked when I parked the car for restoration. I pulled and replaced the dashboard and perhaps I have the wires crossed somehow. Or just a bad motor. i'm sure how it should test out properly. Thanks for any help here!! I have the shop manual however, the diagram for the Hawks does not match the wires in my car.
Working...
X