Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioRoy
    replied
    If the Willys is four wheel drive, there is an overdrive that bolts in where the power take off would go. Makes a big difference in driveability.

Thanks for fixing the title of this thread.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-30-2019, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Those little sixes seem to be everywhere. I have a friend who has one in his MG TD.

Leave a comment:

• E. Davis
    replied
    I had a studebaker champion engine in a 1950 Jeep pickup. It worked pretty well power wise but the low geared differentials that are stock in the old jeeps really wound the old champion engine pretty tight and finally cost me a thrown rod. They work if you don't try to maintain highway speeds. I would definitely wire in a tach if you can to monitor for over revving.

Leave a comment:

• LWD
    replied
    Thanks. Great answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Wiring harness is what I meant to type

- - - Updated - - -

Wiring harness is what I meant to type

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    I'm not exactly sure what your question actually is, but as to the engine there is very little wireing involved. You should only need power from the ignition switch to the coil, and to the starter solenoid; a cable from the solenoid to the starter, and a wire from the water temp gauge to the sender. Alternator/generator depends on what you actually have. I usually use a 1975ish GM alternator they're super easy.

Leave a comment:

• LWD
    started a topic Ignition: Two worlds

Two worlds

I have a 53 Willy’s with a Studebaker 170 cu in flathead six. Wireless harnessing is for which?
Working...
X