Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Champion fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Champion fuel pump

Guys - I'm working on a friend's '51 Champion engine and I'm reasonably certain the fuel pump isn't doing its job any more. I know it's the M958 is readily available however I really don't need the glass bowl part of the pump.
    (I'm using a clear filter just ahead of it) Has anyone found a substitute Carter, or other kind that does the job without the bowl?

Thanks much!

Originally posted by tomnoller View Post
    Guys - I'm working on a friend's '51 Champion engine and I'm reasonably certain the fuel pump isn't doing its job any more. I know it's the M958 is readily available however I really don't need the glass bowl part of the pump.
    (I'm using a clear filter just ahead of it) Has anyone found a substitute Carter, or other kind that does the job without the bowl?

Thanks much!
    I recall reading that locating the fuel filter, no matter what type, between the fuel pump and the carburetor works better than the original located between the tank and the pump. I've not tried this out 'cause my 1950 Champion is doing OK with the original glass bowl and new gasket. If you consider the physics here, there could be some merit to the option.

Comment

DW. the idea here is to keep fuel tank trash from ruining a working pump.Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
      X