Rubber Steering Column to Dash Trim Collar 1964 Lark Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Rubber Steering Column to Dash Trim Collar 1964 Lark Types

Well -- this falls into "you notice something that you did not notice before" category --

I have two 1964 Studebakers -- a Challenger Wagonaire and a Daytona Sedan --

Tinkering with the Daytona today i noticed the pictured rubber collar that serves as a trim piece between the steering column and the dash -- seems to be strictly for appearance -- gives a more finished look --

I only noticed it because it had slipped down the steering column under the dash --

I had not noticed it before -- and a quick check of the Challenger revealed that it does not have one -- but Challengers were trimmed to save money so maybe it never had one --

There is not part number on the piece and I can not find it in my body or chassis parts catalogs --

It really does give the dash a more finished look -- so I would like to get one for the Wagonaire -- but I don't see it listed on any vendor sites --

Is it even a Studebaker part? It does fit nicely and seems like a correct piece --

Does anyone know where to get this part? -- or have one laying around you would part with?
    Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Those were a 64 only thing, and may have gone up through 1966. They often fell out, got bumped during cleaning, or during service and vanish. They are a Studebaker part. Not sure why they don't show up in steering or dash sections in the books. They are about as rare as those roof track ends on your Wagonaire.

Comment

That would be a 1562866 COVER, steering post jacket to instrument board opening - rubber F-Y-J-L-P 64S, 64V
      I ordered (and received) a new one once, but that was a long time ago.

Comment

Thanks turns out they are available --

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
        That would be a 1562866 COVER, steering post jacket to instrument board opening - rubber F-Y-J-L-P 64S, 64V
        I ordered (and received) a new one once, but that was a long time ago.
        Thanks so much for the information -- Steven Allen's has them -- $15 each -- just ordered two by phone a few minutes ago.

Once again this Forum comes through with the information needed!
        Bill Jackameit
        1964 Challenger Wagonaire
        1964 Daytona Sedan
        Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
        Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
        https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I checked my 1965 Commander today and it has that rubber collar as well. It does a nice job of filling out the open space between the dash and steering column.

Comment

Working...
          X