Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kurtruk
    replied
    I have not found this spring yet. Not on SI's website, or others.

Leave a comment:

• packard352
    replied
    Hmmm, I had a driver's door that's not shutting propery.

At first, I thought the striker plate was incorrcetly set, so I bought new screws from SI. After impact driving the stripped off screws out and screwing in the screws, not much difference, except it's now posisble to locate the striker pretty much anywhere I like... but not the result I was hoping.

What I did notice after careful comparison to the passenger door, is the mechanism on the door latch that spins around, works properly compared to the driver's door and that's where I think the proble is at. I remember thinking to myself at the time that there must be a spring involved that helps re-set the door mechanism each time the door handle is operated... sounds like I might have a similar type issue like kurtruk

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    There's a part# for this, call them and ask. I had the number at one time.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Yes, but it also fully retracts the door latch linkage (by a little).

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Thought about it after I posted. Is this the spring that holds the exterior door handle up in a horizontal position, rather than drooping?

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Yes, that's how you fix it. The spring has to be installed so that it applies some pressure (even at rest) against a little pawl that is almost hidden behind the latch hardware. The spring is in section 2417 of the parts book. Part number 278809. I think SI has them.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    started a topic Body / Glass: Door latch repair: 2R, E-series, etc.

Door latch repair: 2R, E-series, etc.

How do you replace this spring?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1760412

Looks like I somehow have to spread the two tangs of metal on the body of the latch.
    Anyone done this successfully? And who has new springs? I didn't find them in the parts book.
Working...
X