Maxx 95648 Electronic Distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Maxx 95648 Electronic Distributor

Has anyone tried the Maxx Distributor found on EBay? I checked the search feature and found no discussion on it. I’m rePlacing my point type Prestolite with Electronic Ignition, needed for the triggering system for the Throttle Body fuel infection I’m having put on my truck. I’m leaning toward the Pertronics unit providing it will trigger the system. I have Thibeault ‘s Distributor on my Hawk, but it has some characteristics I don’t like. I’ve also looked at the Chrysler Ignition. It’s still in the running.
    If someone has tried the Maxx Distributor, tell me what you think, how long you have used it.

Thanks all.
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Yes there have been several discussions here about those and another Brand of the same Dist. and some here have tried them with mostly good results.

It must have been longer than I thought, I went back 4 or 5 Pages and also tried Searching, it but as usual the Title must not have been a good one because nothing came up under Electronic Distributor.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by mjeansonne View Post
      Has anyone tried the Maxx Distributor found on EBay? I checked the search feature and found no discussion on it. I’m rePlacing my point type Prestolite with Electronic Ignition, needed for the triggering system for the Throttle Body fuel infection I’m having put on my truck. I’m leaning toward the Pertronics unit providing it will trigger the system. I have Thibeault ‘s Distributor on my Hawk, but it has some characteristics I don’t like. I’ve also looked at the Chrysler Ignition. It’s still in the running.
      If someone has tried the Maxx Distributor, tell me what you think, how long you have used it.

Thanks all.
      I just typed the word Maxx in the little search box ( I did this while not logged in to the Forum ) , and
      this link appeared .

Screenshot :

Maxx search by Bill H, on Flickr

When I copied the link , shown below , it did not go to the result shown above .

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...archid=4355513
      Last edited by shifter4; 04-10-2019, 04:33 AM.
      Bill H
      Daytona Beach
      SDC member since 1970
      Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Try this. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...archid=4355924
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I found the discussion finally by just typing Maxx. I had been typing more information, which must have been too much for the search feature!!!
          Anyway, I showed the Maxx Distributor shown on eBay. He recognized it and told me “yes, I’ve used that brand on several customers’ cars for years without any problems. He recommended I get it. He also said he can trigger the TBI with it. It will be here Tuesday!!

Comment

But will the tachometer work?
            sigpic
            '89 Ford Festiva
            '90 Ford F250 4x4
            '14 Kia Rio
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Mine has a tach wire and I have an electronic tach. Haven't installed it yet, but I don't anticipate any problems. -Jim

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to convert the original tachometer to electronic internally and keep the original look. Im running original gauges.
                sigpic
                '89 Ford Festiva
                '90 Ford F250 4x4
                '14 Kia Rio
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Sorry. Don’t know about the tach... putting this on the 259 engine in my 1963 Champ. It doesn’t have a tack. My 62 Hawk is running one of Thibeault’s Distributors. My tach works fine, but I think the wiring is different in it compared to the 63 and 64 Hawks.

Comment

Working...
                  X