Hawk trim removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hawk trim removal

Does anyone who has been there and done that know how to remove the three chrome trim pieces at the exterior base of the windshield?
    Dan Marrin
    My Packards; '40 120 sed, '41 Rollson sed, '48 Victoria conv, '48 Super 8 limo, '58 Hawk
    I live summers in Breezy Point, MN and winters in Sistersville, WV

Yes. 3/8 or 7/16 socket with about three 6ā€ extensions. Way up under the dash. Removing the front seat may help. Small but bright light. Good eyesight. Profanities may help. One of the toughest things to do especially if you are big.

Comment

And, if you have a fiberglass dash with a built in glove box that has a hole cut in the top of it (the glovebox) you'll know that trim has been removed before.

Comment

Removing the wiper drivers helps. On the right side, I recall using an end wrench and 'feel'. You can't see it.

Comment

I've done it!...if I could do it...than you can do....swear words are required! Make sure you have fresh seals....
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone had preceded me in this task and all of your comments are very helpful. Iā€™m taking swearing lessons now so that I can prepare myself for this ordeal šŸ˜«
            Dan Marrin
            My Packards; '40 120 sed, '41 Rollson sed, '48 Victoria conv, '48 Super 8 limo, '58 Hawk
            I live summers in Breezy Point, MN and winters in Sistersville, WV

Comment

Working...
            X