Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: AC DELCO Distributor for 185 ci eingine

Title is wrong: it is an AUTO-LITE.
    I have a rebuild 185 ci Sweepstake 6 cyl. My question is which would be the correct distributor, I have two AUTO-LITE: IAT 4010 1J and IAT 4201 10K , both w/ vac adv.
    What Petronix module should I get for a 12 V conversion. Were can I have the distributor rebuild and adjusted? My cam is slightly warmed over and I have moe compression, does that has an influence on the distributor advance curve and who can calibrate that?
    Last edited by juantomas; 03-30-2019, 10:13 PM. Reason: wrong distrib brand it should be AUTO-LITE

Originally posted by juantomas View Post
    My cam is slightly warmed over and I have moe compression, does that has an influence on the distributor advance curve and who can calibrate that?
    Yes, cam and compression do influence how much and how quickly the centrifugal advance occurs and how the vacuum advance is used at cruise.

No, they're not the most important. Whether automatic or manual transmission, the rear axle gear ratio, the driving style, the ambient temperature, altitude, carb jetting, the exhaust riser valve, exhaust back pressure and most importantly, the willingness to use premium pump gas; all these have to be considered.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

The Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalogs show 2 Autolite Distributors: 536289 for ALL 185 Engines '55-'58, and 1548811 for '59-'60 170 Engines.
      Unfortunately, they do not show your Autolite Numbers to tell which they are.

However, the third Dist. used in Champion Engines for 170's, the Delco Dist. does have MUCH lighter centrifugal Advance weights than the two Autolite's.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
      X