Ray-Lin Studebaker Restoration website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Ray-Lin Studebaker Restoration website

Ray-Lin Studebaker Restoration website went down when Ray retired. Ray was gracious enough to allow me to copy much of the information on his website. I'm in the process of publishing it again soon on the BCOIE Chapter's website. It'll be posted in early April of 2019. I will notify the Forum when it's up and running.

http://studebakersocal.com/BCOIE_TechSupport.htm

Wonderful - thanks a bunch - I was hoping it would be published again.

Comment

A big thanks from me also. I studied their headliner install video, before doing my own.

Comment

It appears that you have a nice web site with a lot of information, but not all correct. You need someone to proof it. For example, I looked at the 1953 reference material. You list starting S/Ns, but the numbers that you give are only for South Bend, not Hamilton or Vernon (LA). For specifications, you give wheelbase for Champions as 116 and Commanders as 120 (120.5). The difference in wheelbase depends on sedan vs. C/K, not series/engine type. This incorrect split also applies to tires, length, etc.

EDIT: I just looked at 1963. The 289 was standard on the Cruiser, as well as the Hawk, and was optional on other models.
        Last edited by studegary; 03-29-2019, 08:38 PM.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The same goes for Bob Johnstone's pages.
          I have downloaded most of his info but I may have missed some.
          If it goes offline we lost a very important source.

Comment

Thanks Gary, but I'm not sure what website you're referring to. The Ray-Lin website is being copied and re-posted. The BCOIE website contains links directing people to websites posted by others. I'm sure there are errors, but I'm just grateful that someone took the time (A LOT of time) to try to preserve information on the cars we love so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dansct444 View Post
              Thanks Gary, but I'm not sure what website you're referring to. The Ray-Lin website is being copied and re-posted. The BCOIE website contains links directing people to websites posted by others. I'm sure there are errors, but I'm just grateful that someone took the time (A LOT of time) to try to preserve information on the cars we love so much.
              I was referring to the chapter web site that you posted a link to. I guess that it was in reference material. I did not notice it as having been provided by others. I agree on preserving Studebaker information. I just like it to be correct and not to perpetuate errors.

EDIT: It is "Studebaker Reference Guide".
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X