Gear Fluid 4 speed Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    Double check the specs on the synthetic. I use royal purpleā€™s max gear and it specifically states it is safe for all ferrous metals.
    All gear lubes are safe for ferrous, ie iron, metaLs. It's non-ferrous, brass and bronze, that may be damaged by sulfur bearing EP additives.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
      All gear lubes are safe for ferrous, ie iron, metaLs. It's non-ferrous, brass and bronze, that may be damaged by sulfur bearing EP additives.
      Sorry - did not put enough info down - it is safe for non-ferrous metals as well.

Comment

Been using redline mt90 synthetic in the 64 Avanti. Shifts great with no issues yet.
        78 Avanti RQB 2792
        64 Avanti R1 R5408
        63 Avanti R1 R4551
        63 Avanti R1 R2281
        62 GT Hawk V15949
        56 GH 6032504
        56 GH 6032588
        55 Speedster 7160047
        55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

I've been using the Amsoil 75W-90 Manual Transmission gear oil for years in Studebaker transmissions with great results. I've also used SAE 50 synthetic gear lube meant for large truck transmissions with great results. The GL1 lube works, but I believe that taking advantage of modern lubricants makes good sense in terms of improved lubrication, and part life and ultimately reduced cost. Most modern transmissions and differentials call for synthetic lubes for good reason. Bud

Comment

If you have a True Value near you, they can order the GL1 for you. About $22 for a gallon.

Comment

Working...
            X