Looking for brake shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Looking for brake shoes

I need to replace the shoes on my 1940 President, front and rear. I found a couple of shops that can reline them, but they require my old shoes as a core and it can take 2-3 weeks. I need them quicker if possible. Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Joe

"Spilling a beer is the adult equivalent of a kid letting go of a Balloon."

Try Stephen Allen;s Studebaker, he has a junk yard full of treasure,352-472-9369. luck Doofus

Comment

I appreciate it. Will look into it. I found a shop in Tulsa that said they can reline them.

"Spilling a beer is the adult equivalent of a kid letting go of a Balloon."

Comment

Expand the search. The 1940 President shares brakes from other years and M series Truck.

Comment

City brake and clutch in OKC (South Exchange) can reline them. I think they are the last outfit in OKC area that does it. Turn around is about 3 days. You will have to take them in. Works for me, as I have to go downtown OKC every couple of weeks or so.

You will have to tell them what thickness lining you want, as I don't believe they have the specs for old Studebakers. Shoes will look new. They are a bit on the high side, at least for the big brakes on my 49 2R16A.

I am in Guthrie, so a bit more of a trek for you from Stillwater.

Comment

Careful you do not want the hard lining material that's commonly used today. I can guarantee that you will not be satisfied with the lining material that most shops will want to sell you. In other words make sure that the shop understands what you need. Do not settle for the metallic linings, that some shops may want to substitute!
            Last edited by Hallabutt; 03-30-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X