Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    I have never had a problem loosening a Spin-on Filter with the proper Filter "Band" Wrench.
    Just get a WIX or NAPA Brand for good Quality.

They are supposed to be upside down, some brands and types of Filters have an anti-drainback valve built into the Can, if not the .040 hole will prevent a big mess. OR remove it after it has sat overnight, or just be Quick !

No need for a built-in "Removal Nut".

Leave a comment:

started a topic Engine: Remote Oil Filter 1959 Flathead

Remote Oil Filter 1959 Flathead

My engine has the spin on Fram remote oil filter mounted on the driver side and attached with two head bolts. It has a line from the passenger side cam gallery and the return line drains into the oil filler tube. Does it matter which way the filter is orientated as mine has the hole pointing up so when you unscrew it the oil doesn't go all over the engine. I have seen some though with the hole pointing down-which is correct?
    Also it would be nice to purchase a remote filter assembly that would accept a K&N filter since they are so much easier to remove as they have a hex nut on the end for gripping. Fram PB50 does not cross reference to any K&N oil filter-the company simply does not have a replacement- I confirmed this with a call to their tech line.
    Regards,
    Mark
Working...
X