DG 250 and throttle "issue" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: DG 250 and throttle "issue" ?

Got kind of a strange one here folks. When I put the car ( our 55 President coupe ) in reverse and just give normal throttle to back up, all is well. If there is a slope or an edge I have to back over...therefor giving more throttle, the throttle sticks at "too fast" but will come right back down if I blip it. I am quite gentle with our car, no hot rodding going on ( yet, ha ! ), and it does not quite over-power the brakes, but, I wouldn't want this to happen if I or someone else wasn't ready for it or in a tight place. Suggestions ? Remember, this is ONLY in reverse. Thanks experts !

Have you checked your engine mounts? If the engine is moving around, it could be causing the throttle linkage to bind.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

No sir, not yet, but as soon as I can I'm going to check those, the tranny mount, the center bearing, and all the other things that can get "wobbly" or loose underneath. It's one of those cars I enjoy so much that I keep hesitating to find something that stops me from driving it when I want. I know that's silly, since if I nailed something going backwards too fast, that would also stop me from driving it, ha !

Comment

Working...
      X