Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Crate Motors For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Crate Motors For Sale

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and joined because my dad has two crate motors for sale with all the components, valves, heads, etc. still in original Studebaker crates. He bought them back in the 1980’s and we haven’t been involved in the Studebaker market lately. I need help to value them and we’re open to offers. Any help is appreciated! We have a Flat 6 either a 170 or 185 and we also have a 232 V-8. Thanks!

Welcome back.

To assist in evaluating your offerings, part numbers off the crates would help. From your description, they may be described as long blocks. If they have oil pan, valley cover, timing cover, rocker covers, et al, that is considered a complete engine.

It's also important to determine if you have a 170" or a 185". Some consider the 185" to be more desirable.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Sent you a PM (private message) SB

Comment

I am interested in the 232. My 52 engine is condition unknown. If we can come to terms, I can pick it up on my way back from the International meet.

Bob Miles
        Pacific Southwest Coordinator

Comment

Bob, I sent you a PM with the contact number of the engine owner. Tim

Comment

I sent you a pm

Comment

Have you determined of the 6 is a 170 or a 185?
              1952 Studebaker Champion Starliner
              1953 Studebaker Champion Starliner
              1965 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible
              1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

Working...
              X