X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bensherb
    replied
    Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
    Yes, but I've never seen the need for one on a stock mechanical fuel pump.
    My 12 volt Holley electric can put out 15 PSI on 6 volts, so I slow it down with a 1 ohm resistor, and the pressure stays about 2 PSI.
    You haven't seen the pressure new replacement small block Chevy pumps are coming with these days then. I know a lot of guys that have had to add a regulator to their 60's Chevy after replacing their old fuel pump with a new auto parts store one. They are commonly pushing 7 to 9 lbs now, which I know is too much for an Edelbrock AFB.

I used one of the regulators pictured on my Model T , with three Holley 1V carbs. Had it turned all the way down to get pressure low enough not to over run the float valves and flood the engine.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Yeah, it's an aftermarket pressure regulator, and they can be useful. But it's plenty old enough to have a rubber diaphragm in it that won't stand up to alcohol fuel. It will most likely spring a leak if used with gasohol. I have seen it happen twice.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    I just acquired this barn find, going to do my usual drill and send the carb and fuel pump to Dave T.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Yes, but I've never seen the need for one on a stock mechanical fuel pump.
    My 12 volt Holley electric can put out 15 PSI on 6 volts, so I slow it down with a 1 ohm resistor, and the pressure stays about 2 PSI.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    started a topic Fuel System: Part ID

Part ID

This part is mounted in the fuel line to the carb of my 53 Starliner. What is it, a pressure regulator?Click image for larger version

Name:	4D115E0D-4932-43F2-A90E-13DDFB4BCC87.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1760065
    Last edited by tim333; 02-22-2019, 03:20 PM.
Working...
X