Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thunderations
    replied
    Yep, I just gave a door away and shipped it to Australia. Now a trans comes my way for my cousin's Lark.
    Always thought that "Paying it Forward" was just hype, but hey, it sometimes works out.
    A big thank you to Bob Miles.

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    Can't find a better deal than that. That's what makes this forum great.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Can't find a better deal than that. That's what makes this forum great.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    I have a long shaft 6 cylinder transmission overdrive with the 12 volt already. Free, come pick it up or if you can wait, I can bring it to March Madness in Phoenix.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Leave a comment:

• thunderations
    replied
    Thank you. I knew it was a long shot, but just trying to help out a friend if it was simple. Not looking to reinvent the wheel. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    The 1950 transmission is going to be a short tail with a saddle yoke, requiring you to have a full new propeller shaft fabricated for installing in the '63. If you could find a long tail transmission it would be a bolt in. Both still need to be T-96 transmissions if behind a six cylinder, or T-86 if installed behind a V-8.
    A friend of mine went the opposite direction and installed a long tail transmission in his '52 Champion; had a one piece propeller shaft with a slip yolk fabricated, eliminating the two-piece propeller shaft and center carrier.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    The 1950 transmission is going to be a short tail with a saddle yoke, requiring you to have a full new propeller shaft fabricated for installing in the '63. If you could find a long tail transmission it would be a bolt in. Both still need to be T-96 transmissions if behind a six cylinder, or T-86 if installed behind a V-8.
    A friend of mine went the opposite direction and installed a long tail transmission in his '52 Champion; had a one piece propeller shaft with a slip yolk fabricated, eliminating the two-piece propeller shaft and center carrier.

Leave a comment:

• 1950 Champion OD trans into a 1963 6 Cyl Lark

Is this a possible bolt in once the 6 volt parts are replaced with 12 volt or is it more problems then it's worth?
    Thanks for any info, greatly appreciated.
Working...
X