Accelerator pedal linkages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Accelerator pedal linkages

Hello, I have a 61 Hawk with a 62 engine, right hand drive. I purchased the car partially dismantled, & I’m trying to find out what I have & what’s missing. Part of the accelerator linkage system is bolted to the block , & has arm to the carby, I have the pedal & some other rods etc., but really need a detailed pick how it is set up, would be great if someone who has got a rhd vehicle, could send a pic., also need help with the transmission linkages to the column, regards, Cus
    sigpic

Hi Cus.
    Bob Johnstone published the 59-64 parts manual online (but I strongly suggest you'll buy it as you'll need it).
    Here is the fuel system section:http://www.studebaker-info.org/Tech/...chp61x118.html
    Nice day to all.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
      Hi Cus.
      Bob Johnstone published the 59-64 parts manual online (but I strongly suggest you'll buy it as you'll need it).
      Here is the fuel system section:http://www.studebaker-info.org/Tech/...chp61x118.html
      Nice day to all.
      Thanks, I have that manual, my car is rhd, I really need to see a photo if I can
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe reach out to the Aussies?

Comment

I know there are a few Aussies on the forum,
          sigpic

Comment

OK, have started to nut it out, found a swivel linkage that goes through the fire wall, looks like the next linkage goes over the top of the Transmission extension housing & links up to the mechanism bolted to the left back of the block.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1725405
            sigpic

Comment

I see that it is too bad for those few with a RHD Car, they listed all the parts, but NO Pic of the Installations for Sixes and Eights.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have emailed an Aussie friend to ask for some pictures.
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Thanks Howard, that's great,
                  I'm also a bit in the dark on the column auto lever linkages.

regards, Cus
                  sigpic

Comment

There is a Golden Hawk floating around my area, I've yet to flag him down, hopefully he is an OK guy,
                    it would be good to refer to his car from time to time.
                    I just sold my Oldsmobile Delta 88, so have some room for the Hawk now, it's back in my shed, so will
                    be getting a lot of attention from now on.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0914.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1725407
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X