Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jts359
    replied
    I just did an Avanti recently with the engine in the car. And to make the job as easy as possible I removed the starter, the steering bellcrank and lowered the front exhaust pipes as much as possible, Dirty but a piece of cake , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dame
    replied
    The issue is the windage tray and the oil pump fitment. Like (S), I've only done it with the engine on a stand, but it is fiddly even there.

Leave a comment:

• Quentin
    replied
    Originally posted by ColoradoHawk View Post
    I just had a R series windage tray welded into the oil pan of my ‘63 Hawk. I’ve deduced after trying to put the pan back on that I will need to drop the drivers side exhaust pipe to give me the needed clearance to get the pan back on.
    Is this “standard” for engines that have windage trays?
    It’s no big deal, I was just wondering if everyone who has a windage tray has to do this too.
    Greetings from Oz - are you referring to the oil breather pipe causing issues ? Certainly on RHC vehicles this is very tight, and I had to dent the pipe to squeeze past the idler arm. ; anyway, regardless of that, perhaps loosening the engine and gearbox mounts a tad and jacking up will give you the clearance you need to fit.....

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    Never tried doing that one in the car. I have done a regular Hawk-They just barely clear to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    started a topic Engine: Oil Pan Install w/ Windage Tray

Oil Pan Install w/ Windage Tray

I just had a R series windage tray welded into the oil pan of my ‘63 Hawk. I’ve deduced after trying to put the pan back on that I will need to drop the drivers side exhaust pipe to give me the needed clearance to get the pan back on.
    Is this “standard” for engines that have windage trays?
    It’s no big deal, I was just wondering if everyone who has a windage tray has to do this too.
Working...
X