Venetian blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Venetian blinds

What is a reasonable price for a used, in good condition set of venetian blinds to fit a 1951 Studebaker starlight coupe?

Ron Acton

Ron, are you referring to the type of adjustable venetian blinds that open and close or to the wider fixed metal louvers/slats that help shade the interior but do not close? I've seen adjustable venetian blinds in '50s cars in the past, but not for a very long time. Do you have a set? -- Don

Comment

Originally posted by ronta View Post
      What is a reasonable price for a used, in good condition set of venetian blinds to fit a 1951 Studebaker starlight coupe?

Ron Acton
      Are you buying or selling? I sold a NOS set probably 20 years ago for $600. They are VERY hard to find.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by dstude View Post
        I've seen adjustable venetian blinds in '50s cars in the past,
        Adjustable blinds are something I can't remember ever seeing. I got the set in my '51 from Matt Burnette when he was helping Maureen Elliott dispose of parts after Tom died. Adjusting those require you individually bend each slat; and I would think loose adjustable slats would be incredibly noisey when the vehicle is in motion.
        If anyone has a reference to an adjustable set I would be curious.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X