Venetian blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Venetian blinds

What is a reasonable price for a used, in good condition set of venetian blinds to fit a 1951 Studebaker starlight coupe?

Ron Acton

Ron, are you referring to the type of adjustable venetian blinds that open and close or to the wider fixed metal louvers/slats that help shade the interior but do not close? I've seen adjustable venetian blinds in '50s cars in the past, but not for a very long time. Do you have a set? -- Don

Comment

Originally posted by ronta View Post
      What is a reasonable price for a used, in good condition set of venetian blinds to fit a 1951 Studebaker starlight coupe?

Ron Acton
      Are you buying or selling? I sold a NOS set probably 20 years ago for $600. They are VERY hard to find.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by dstude View Post
        I've seen adjustable venetian blinds in '50s cars in the past,
        Adjustable blinds are something I can't remember ever seeing. I got the set in my '51 from Matt Burnette when he was helping Maureen Elliott dispose of parts after Tom died. Adjusting those require you individually bend each slat; and I would think loose adjustable slats would be incredibly noisey when the vehicle is in motion.
        If anyone has a reference to an adjustable set I would be curious.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
        X