Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlanD
    replied
    Sorry. I went to Maui. When I get back to Dvr I'll give your suggestion a try. Thank you very much for the response. I'll get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    I wonder why the OP has not replied. ???

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Had to give up on our 49 Commander. Wired it up like a later car with a push button unobtrusively placed under the ign switch. It is much more satisfactory and the cheat is not obvious. I'm not sure you can buy a replacement that works.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    The starter button under the clutch pedal is just a switch. If you have followed the above with no results and if you have jumper cables, use one to connect one post of the switch to the other post (with the trans in neutral!). If it starts, the switch is bad.

If it doesn't, you need to check the starter. If the truck is still 6v positive ground, use one cable to jump from the negative terminal of the battery to the big post on the starter. Be careful you don't touch anything else, or you'll get lots of sparks. If nothing happens, the starter is bad or jammed in place.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    I guess the answer would depend on what you mean that the pedal quit working. It sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting to locate the problem. Remove and clean all connections, and check for voltage at each connecting point. The problem could be a bad starter switch or it could be the starter. Are the systems original or have they been refurbished/replaced?

Leave a comment:

• AlanD
    started a topic Ignition: Starter Problem

Starter Problem

Attempting to start my 46 M5 pickup the starter pedal quit working.
Working...
X