Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1962 Hawk Turn Signal Dash Light Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1962 Hawk Turn Signal Dash Light Indicator

I have a weird one. My dash signal indicators and turn signals work perfectly when I turn on the key and use the turn signals for right or left. But when I start the engine the dash light indicators no longer work; the exterior turn signals work though. Any thoughts as to way this is so?

Is this a New reproduction Ignition Switch?

The problem is likely in the Ignition Switch, wiggling or slightly turning the Key back LEFT after starting may fix it temporarily.

Are the Radio, Heater Fan, Def. Fan and Wipers also out?
    What happens is, the contacts for; Ignition, Accessories and Power are not ALL firmly connecting after the snap-back from "Start" on the Chicom Switches.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

StudeRich you solved my problem; all the other things worked before. Thanks, Chet

Comment

Glad that helped you keep it safe.

What I mean't was, will they work when the Turn Signals are not, a SURE sign it IS the Ign. Sw. since all are powered from the "ACC" Terminal.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I know the radio worked when the turn signal indicator lights did not. I will check and write back.

Comment

Working...
          X