Avanti type oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Avanti type oil pan

Ok, so I have an Avanti oil pan on the 289 in my Hawk (still in progress, but close). Got it because it is a 5 qt. pan. There is an oil breather tube coming out of the pan; about inch & a quarter in diameter. At the end there is one outlet about half an inch in size. I know that one takes a hose that goes up to the air cleaner. But there is another outlet next to it that is about a quarter inch in size. What does that one hook up to?

Avantis had a screw in PCV valve in the back of the carburetor, that hooked to that hose.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by HawkBuilder View Post
      Ok, so I have an Avanti oil pan on the 289 in my Hawk (still in progress, but close). Got it because it is a 5 qt. pan. There is an oil breather tube coming out of the pan; about inch & a quarter in diameter. At the end there is one outlet about half an inch in size. I know that one takes a hose that goes up to the air cleaner. But there is another outlet next to it that is about a quarter inch in size. What does that one hook up to?
      Oil dip stick.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
        Oil dip stick.
        Nope, that enters down lower, the top opening goes to the side of air cleaner, the smaller one near that is to the PCV and the dipstick enters lower.

Comment

Spokejr has it. thats how the pan on the Turbo lark is set up. had to massage dip stick tube to get dip stick handle to clear compressor housing.Luck Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
            Avantis had a screw in PCV valve in the back of the carburetor, that hooked to that hose.

The PCV valve screwed into the valley cover on my old Avanti R1 (4500, engine R2999)

Comment

Oil dip stick.
              Guess I should not try to answer questions while half asleep.

Comment

Right Jim, someone might call you a Dipstick!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Guess I should not try to answer questions while half asleep.
                  You had a good excuse. Some of us make those mistakes when we're wide awake.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X