Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Trying to ID a stainless halo, Is there a difference between Speedsters and Hawks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Trying to ID a stainless halo, Is there a difference between Speedsters and Hawks?

Requesting assistance.

No later than 1955 manuals here. Have a stainless halo that I am told is for 1955 Speedster/President. But need to be sure if I sell it. Is the halo on the 1956 and up Hawks the same as 1955? Part numbers? If different how can one tell which is correct?

All assistance appreciated.

Henry Votel
    Forest lake, MN
    Henry Votel,
    Forest Lake, MN
    Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

1. What's a "halo"?
    2. Stop lights timed for 35 mph may also work for 17.5 mph but not for 70 mph.

Comment

It is a wide band of stainless that runs across the roof on G Hawks and Speedsters. . One is longer, and I think the G Hawk is the long one without holes that a moulding mounts through. I tried to google photos, but no luck. Maybe someone has detailed shots they could post. A good pic of one, should rule out the other.

Comment

The Speedster and '56-58 GH are definitely different pieces of stainless and even mount in slightly different parts of the roof.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Here is pic of Speedster which has regular trim and wide strip further forward with paint in between trim pieces.
          Golden Hawk only has wide piece
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the Speedster is longer and has the holes from the pic.

Comment

You should be able to notice the Bevel if you have a Hawk Moulding toward the glass, the pic shows the '55 is flat.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

PN for Speedster: 310613. On '56-'58 Hawks moulding is question is actually the rear window moulding. PN 1312531

Comment

Thanks to all for expert info. Now it's positively ID'd as a Speedster/President Halo moulding.

Proving again that having the manuals is helpful BUT you folks at this Forum are "priceless!"
                  Henry Votel,
                  Forest Lake, MN
                  Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Working...
                  X