Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubber Floor Mats / Commander / basic compatibility with other StudeBaker floor rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Rubber Floor Mats / Commander / basic compatibility with other StudeBaker floor rubber

ALL--- I have a 56 commander wagon/2 door--- old floor rubber is shot

can floor rubber from a Studebaker truck, or a Lark , BASICALLY FIT close enought ?

I am not looking for perfection

ThANK U

The Lark mat should be pretty close, but you are much better off with carpeting than a mat. The rubber mat holds in any moisture and rusts the floor. The carpet to some extent will wick the moisture away from the floor and allow it to evaporate.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Draw up a template of the cargo area, take it down to the nearest bone yard or pull a part. Those mats from all kinds of SUV's are thick on the ground... Literally!

Comment

one thing to consider. the rubber floor mats have a tendency to trap moisture.

Comment

Rubber mats have killed more Studebakers than any other cause in my opinion.....

Comment

What they said. Easy to clean but requires full moisture sealing of the floor before installation...

Comment

Working...
            X