Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

water pump housing for supercharged 289

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: water pump housing for supercharged 289

Want to verify that the water pump housing on the supercharged engine is different from the normally aspirated engines. casting number is 1557901

That looks like a LATE enough Number to be a 1961 to 1964 2 Bolt Water Manifold Casting number, as you may know we cannot look up casting Numbers in the Parts Catalogs because in most cases they use "Part Numbers".

You need the 1955 to 1960 4 Bolt Manifold with a 6 Digit Casting number, not Seven.

Yes the Supercharged 1957 & '58 Engines use the Same Water Manifold as Non S/C, BUT you must have the Special wet S/C Mount Bracket and Thermostat Housing to go with it, for the VS-57 McCullough Supercharger setup.

The Late Paxton SN-60 1963-'64 setup is completely different than '57-'58 and also different on Avanti, R3, vs Lark/Hawk Type, which do you have?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-12-2018, 12:28 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Water pump housing, belt tensioner that I have bolts to it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Pump Housing A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1724650

Comment

This is what a 58 housing looks like.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is what a 58 housing looks like. Better picture here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5198 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1724653

Here's a shot of a 57 without the radiator.
            By the way
            The heater hose connections on yours look to be way to long.

Comment

The water pump manifold pictured in post #3 is actually a pretty rare and desirable ‘63 - ‘64 manifold as used on supercharged Larks and Hawks.

Comment

I've often wondered why a copy of the SC. water pump manifold couldn't be built out of welded pipe like some of the drag race water pumps.

Comment

Believe me, you could not build THIS one out of Pipe!

It is a Very Rare '63-'64 Lark & Hawk Super Jet Thrust R2 Water Manifold.

StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Makes sense as this manifold along with the tensioning assembly and some pulleys were in the trunk of my very miss-represented "California" 1964 GT, the engine of which is a PS not a JT. As I doubt that I am going to be going the supercharger route, these pieces could be available

Comment

StudeRich I didn't mean a copy. Simply and water pump manifold and Super charger mount that would work and do the job. I've seen super charger set ups for sale but no one ever thought to save the manifolds.

Comment

The last Avanti supercharger set-up I sold to a Forum member here a few summers ago included a water-pump manifold: So, some think of it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Xcalibur, that's an Avanti setup, not a Lark/Hawk one, as discussed by 30seagrave.

Comment

Working...
                          X